What kinds of personal information does Tip Top collect?
We gather information for many reasons but ultimately it allows us to develop, tailor and deliver our services, and inform our marketing and advertising. We will not collect personal information unless it is for a lawful purpose that is connected with one of our functions or activities, and having that information is necessary for that purpose. The information that we may collect includes the following types of information:
- Usage Data, including:
- Information about your use of our websites including statistical data about your visit including, but not limited to, the date and time of your visit, the number of links you have clicked on, the pages you have visited, and the number of times you have visited, the advertising you could see while on the websites, the path you used through our websites and the path you used to get to our websites.
- Information about how you access our websites, including, but not limited to, the type of device you use to access our websites, your location, your domain name and IP address, your internet browser software and operating system and platform.
- Personal Data, including personal information that you submit to us, such as your name, email address, date of birth, age, address and other information that you have provided to us through your use of our websites or otherwise.
- To conduct market, product or sales research, data processing and statistical analysis and business improvement analysis;
- To send you promotions and other information we think you may be interested in;
- To better understand your preferences so that we can improve our products and to identify and market the products or promotions that may be of interest to you (or allow third parties to do so);
- To measure interest in and improve our products and websites;
- To carry out aggregated statistical data analysis or market research;
- To measure the effectiveness of and to improve the relevance of advertising and/or promotional emails;
- To combine the information we collect with other information we collect about you (or that third parties collect from you) to learn about your interests and preferences so that we can provide you with an improved online experience, improve our products and services and identify suitable offers and promotions you may be interested in;
- In order for third parties to provide us with services, including in relation to our websites;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure; and
- For administrative purposes and record keeping and otherwise to conduct and develop our business.
- Disclose Usage Data to any third party that identifies you individually; or
- Disclose Personal Data to any third party without your permission, unless required or permitted by law.
What does Tip Top use personal information for?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
Where will information be stored?
Personal information that we collect may be transferred and stored outside New Zealand for the purposes set out above. We may also store your Personal Information within technology platforms and data bases operated by third parties. We will take reasonable precautions against unauthorised use, access and disclosure by those third parties.
How can I correct my Personal Information?
Your personal information remains yours. You may request access to, or the correction or deletion of, your personal information that is held by us. If you would like to access or request correction or deletion of your personal information held by us, please contact us.
We take reasonable precautions to make sure that we keep your personal information secure on our websites and any associated systems. Because the internet is an open network, we cannot warrant or guarantee that your Personal Information is safer from unauthorized access or sue. Usage Data and Personal Information may be kept on computer systems operated by third parties. We will take reasonable precautions against unauthorized access and disclosure by those third parties.
From time to time we may send you, and you agree to receive, emails and other promotions relating to us, our related companies, products or websites. You may opt out of receiving those emails and other promotions at any time by following the opt-out instructions provided by us.
Our websites may contain links to third party websites. We do not endorse any third party sites or their content and have no control over the conduct of the companies or organisations operating those sites.
Your use of our websites is governed by our general website terms and conditions of use. Please read them carefully, as you agree to them by your use of the relevant website.
Contacting us about Privacy
If you wish to contact us about your privacy, including requesting corrections to your personal information, please click here for contact details
What are cookies?
Can I disable, delete or block cookies?
When you activate or disable Cookies on your first visit to our website, you can always undo those actions by changing your browser settings. Whether you want to disable the Cookies, receive a notification at the same moment when a Cookie is placed on your device, or want to delete all stored Cookies on your device, these changes can be implemented through your browser settings (often found under “Help” or “Internet options”).
By changing your browser settings, you can set your browser preferences in order not to accept any Cookies (from our websites). If your browser does not accept Cookies from our websites, access to certain website functionalities can be denied and/or the use of all website functionalities as a whole can be limited.
Do you have a complaint?
Please contact us in writing here.